MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Director of Product Design with a focus on enterprise features, growth and virality, you will:
- Define the product experience strategy and vision for MURAL’s Enterprise team including features in security, compliance, user management, admin settings and reporting as well as the Platform team to help MURAL become a top notch platform in the collaborative ecosystem.
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences and establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Recruit, grow, lead and retain a diverse and inclusive team of product designers in applying principles of design thinking to create and deliver engaging and high quality experiences that lead to desired outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate and actionable user research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle and that design solutions are based on these insights.
- Lead the product designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of the latest UX techniques and tools.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of customer needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Work with other design leaders to establish and promote a vision for the future of design at MURAL.
- We're looking for someone who is excited about B2B but making it feel like a B2C experience.
We're looking for someone with:
- An insatiable curiosity and love of experimentation and vision setting.
- Deep empathy for the people you work with, design for, and lead.
- Passion for great design that is grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights and an appreciation for the details.
- An understanding that feedback is a gift.
- A love of design craft.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 10+ years experience designing exceptional experiences with at least five years leading design teams.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- Excellent practical knowledge of human-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting user research.
- Experience designing for SaaS platforms.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with teams across the organization.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.