MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As Platform Core Tech Lead, you will grow our business through the creation and advocacy of tools that improve efficiency and extensibility of the Mural product.
Our belief is that through enabling our Product teams, Customers, Partners and an ecosystem of developers to create new features more efficiently, safely and with new capabilities this will unlock new imagination workflows to drive enterprise transformation at scale.
In this role you will:
- Lead the team’s architecture and drive architectural consensus.
- Work big picture and detail oriented towards shaping the final product.
- Work closely with the core platform and integrations teams as a key-enabler.
- Collaborate closely across teams, with a focus on product and engineering efficiency through the creation of tools, abstractions, layers, connectors, libraries designed for usability, performance and security.
- Be an advocate for new technologies, methods and approaches to solving problems and achieving product goals.
- Provide well considered, complete and intuitive documentation, guides and examples to support adoption.
- Understand our goals as a platform product and translate them into tangible, measurable artefacts.
- Identify internal and external trends to support Product Management in prioritising solutions.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- Has designed systems that are used in large scale production environments.
- Able to mentor Junior to Senior developers.
- Excellent architectural team collaboration.
- Has taken code from idea to production on their own.
- A degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
- Experience with NodeJS, building API’s, building SDK’s.
- A passion to put the developer first.
- Ability to work self sufficiently, and deliver without hand holding.
- Experience with React, and/or other similar frameworks.
- Experience with Express
- An undying concern about dx, and a desire to build the best possible experience.
- A willingness to experiment with different solutions based on user feedback.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.