MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As Workspace Engineering Manager, you will grow our business by helping your team of engineers grow as people and as a team, focusing specifically on a new product initiative at the intersection of user experience, product design, data engineering, data science, and machine learning. We have tremendous numbers of people transforming how they work and collaborate in our product every day. We need you to deliver new kinds of systems that take this transformation to the next level.
Our belief is simple: We have the data, understanding, and design skills to enable collaboration in ways never experienced before. Your role as Engineering Manager of the Workspace team makes that a reality. You’re responsible for building systems that combine data, data science, machine learning, user experience, design, frontend, and backend to help our customers succeed.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of up to 7 Engineers.
- Occasionally manage multiple teams as an acting manager.
- Help us manage cross functional teams that include, but are not limited to, backend engineers and frontend engineers.
- Conduct 1 on 1’s with your direct reports.
- Develop the careers of your reports.
- Understand the technical needs of the team and hire engineers to fill those roles.
- Identify key process gaps within and outside your team and create a culture that helps others succeed.
- Work closely with the technical lead to perform retrospectives.
- Collaborate with people-ops, technical leads, and engineers to identify high performers, and give out bonuses and promote engineers.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- At least 2 years experience in Engineering Management.
- A computer science degree in or relevant experience in the field (we don’t expect you to write code in this role but we do expect you to have written code professionally at the level of your team).
- Experience with SaaS products, frontend, backend, designers, and data science (experience with recommendation engines, NodeJS, React, Typescript, and data engineering is a plus).
- A passion for career development.
- Ability to act as both a mediator and mentor for your team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.