MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As Global Payroll Lead you will ensure that compensation for both our teams in the US and Europe is both accurate, timely, compliant and on track with market rates. This person will report directly to Director of Finance based in Argentina and work very closely with our People Operations team. Our belief in People Operations is simple: To make team members at MURAL feel empowered and engaged with their work every day. Your role as a Global Payroll Lead makes that a reality.
- You will own global payroll, including US, UK and other locations
- Ensure we're compliant in locations where we do business.
- Drive the preparation of individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Partner closely with the rest of the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are approved and tracked
- Ensure all tax deposits are processed timely and accurately for each jurisdiction
- Ensure all starters and leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the timely necessary filings are made with local tax authorities
- Manage team member payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- Perform month to month analysis on Employment Cost
- Book monthly payroll entry in Netsuite
- Lead the year-end payroll process to ensure accurate and timely processing
- Register and manage payroll in any new location as we scale
- Perform control checks for audit / Headcount report and timely completion of information for ongoing Internal and External audits (periodic and year end tasks)
- Partner with the rest of the People Operations team for the annual compensation review, providing up to date local marketing data
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes as we scale
- Lead Sales commissions cycle
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 3-5 years sole responsibility for global payroll supporting over 100 employees, within a high-growth SaaS organisation
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of taxation and legislation in Europe and all US States
- Experience leading sales commissions cycles
- Proficient in tracking, reporting on and adjusting compensation to be in line with local markets
- Expert knowledge of GSuite (Docs and Spreadsheets-including vlookups/pivot tables)
- Confident with a variety of contract types including sub-contractors, hourly contractors and commission based contracts
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving abilities and strong data and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
Ideally you have...
- Experience in design thinking and creative disciplines, or are willing to learn about them
- Experience in high growth Saas companies.
- Prior experience in HRIS platform
- Bonus Points: experience in Salesforce and NetSuite
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.