MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer you will:
- Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc ,recurring , troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, Periscope, PowerBI, Tableau skillsets
- Implement customized ETL pipelines from diverse sources for higher data availability and to create a unified view of quality data for analytics and reporting
- Improve existing data processes and pipelines by implementing automation, data tuning and performance concepts creatively
- Use data modelling ,data warehousing and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation to drive the business
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field
- You have relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- You have experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports
- You have experience with query development, and visualization: SQL, Redshift and Periscope or Tableau
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, S3, etc
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data mining
- 3+ years experience as a business intelligence leader
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
- Have basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby , Java
- Experience in working with Graph databases
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Daily lunch
- Health insurance (OSDE 310)
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.