MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As Platform Core Developer, you will grow our platform by developing our APIs and other integrations tools which allow internal and external developers to connect Mural with other tools. This will also help us expand globally and increase our extensibility.
Our belief is that through enabling our Product teams, Customers, Partners and an ecosystem of developers to create new features more efficiently, safely and with new capabilities this will unlock new imagination workflows to drive enterprise transformation at scale.
- Work with your team to implement API’s and other integrations so that our users can connect Mural with other tools.
- Help us by writing reusable code in NodeJS that is well architected and follows established programming paradigms.
- Monitor the use of our integrations to discover where we can improve.
- Develop a framework for integrations that our internal teams will use to build and extend Mural which allows for faster development.
- Understand what our business partners want in an integration.
- Identify developer experiences, so that developers enjoy and desire to extend Mural.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- Has taken code from idea to production on their own.
- A degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
- Experience with NodeJS, building API’s, building SDK’s.
- A passion to put the developer first.
- Ability to work self sufficiently.
- Experience with React, and/or other similar frameworks.
- Experience with Express
- An undying concern about dx, and a desire to build the best possible experience.
- A willingness to experiment with different solutions based on user feedback.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Babel, Webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.