MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 100 people working remotely across six time zones around the world, including office hubs in Buenos Aires and Europe. We recently raised $23M in a Series A round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
- We are seeking an experienced software engineer for our Data Platform team who has a solid foundation in data engineering, creating distributed systems and hands-on approach to data governance.
- This person should be flexible working with different technologies and programming languages. Your primary stack would include Python, AWS, GCP, Apache AirFlow, BigQuery, Apache Kafka and other data engineering / data analytics tools.
- The goal of Data Platform is to democratize data company-wide, across all teams and functions by creating self-service platform used by hundreds of internal users. This platform is a backbone to develop data driven products that are used by millions of people.
- Therefore we are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team and ready to help wherever necessary - no task is too small or insignificant.
- An Agile mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever-changing environment are some of the qualities that you bring. You should have experience working with large scale data and distributed systems, as well as a solid understanding of storage, replication and indexing. You should be fluent in English as there will be daily communication with other teams, and our primary language is English.
The responsibilities are:
We take full ownership of the solutions we create. Therefore you will be involved in various software engineering roles and activities.
- Writing efficient distributed code and algorithms
- Working with multiple database technologies and grasping their internals
- Creating and designing data-warehouse for efficient data storage and querying
- Automating all infrastructural components using infrastructure-as-a-code principles (Terraform, Ansible)
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Supporting and coaching other developers to utilize full power that platform provides
The top candidate will have the following skills:
We are looking for a candidate with 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Daily lunch at the office
- Health insurance (OSDE 310)
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.