MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As an Engineer Manager you will grow our business by working closely with leadership to build and manage the engineering organization for MURAL and oversee the engineering management across Platform product teams.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Head of Canvas to create a world-class suite of services, tools and features for Developers to integrate, extend and enrich the Mural experience.
- Work with other MURAL leaders to design and drive the plan for MURAL’s engineering vision and culture in line with the company values.
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity.
- Build and lead a high-caliber team of software engineers to solve company goals while remaining hands-on.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of the MURAL’s engineering management team.
- Thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, making hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- Work with business stakeholders to design solutions for our business problems, by deeply immersing into the imagination workflows of our customers.
- Help to craft and iterate on our technology infrastructure to enable the growth and scale the business needs to succeed.
- Be responsible for the engineering of services and tools to support and accelerate the efficiency of development internally and externally on the Mural platform.
- Work closely with product management, analysts, architects, engineering leads, and business stakeholders to define requirements, guide product and architectural vision, lead key technical and design discussions, and prioritize delivery efforts.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or relevant and demonstrable practical experience
- Must have at least 2+ years of hands-on engineering management experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a passion for engineering best practices and having an impact on tech problems at scale
- You love developing and growing people, with a track record of success
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience in delivering products in an agile development environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- The ability to lead by example and helping teammates do their best work
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive deeply into the technology and business domains that use Mural today and could use Mural tomorrow.
- Experience with cloud platforms, engineering, devOps pipelines and tooling
- Understanding of security principles, networking, communication protocols and modern architecture best-practises for highly available systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.