MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Workspace Tech Lead, you will grow our business by developing new experiences and features for our users.
As Workspace Tech Lead, you will grow our business by helping a team of engineers build and ship great code, focusing specifically on a new product initiative at the intersection of user experience, product design, analytics, experimentation, and data warehousing. We have tremendous numbers of people transforming how they work and collaborate in our product every day. We need you to build and ship new kinds of systems that take this transformation to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Develop new features to amaze users.
- Study, identify and improve performance bottlenecks.
- Understand user requirements and pain points in order to be able to help solve them.
- Work closely with the product and design teams.
- Generate experiments, test them with production users, analyze, loop…
- Build a culture of shipping great products.
- Build a culture of data driven experiences.
- Be a core part of our technical design process.
- Lead the Workspace engineering team incl. Technical direction setting, coaching and architectural mentorship.
- Guide your team, create POCs, write code, discuss ideas, own the product.
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Babel, Webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.