MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 100 people working remotely across six time zones around the world, including office hubs in Buenos Aires and Europe. We recently raised $23M in a Series A round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Security Engineer you will be responsible for :
- Finding vulnerabilities/security weaknesses in our apps. This includes analysis of code and dependencies of MURAL projects (both web & mobile projects).
- Running secure code assessments and advising developers on remediation.
- Managing occurring attacks and security events.
- Collaborating with our team with decisions on software design, architecture solutions and code reviews.
- Managing static and dynamic security analysis tools and integrating them into the CI pipeline.
- Providing timely and adequate information about the current state of MURAL security.
- Improving corporate security practices, policies, and standards.
- Responding to any ongoing or completed incidents, helping teams to find the root cause, and setting possible action points
- Developing and documenting technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
The top candidate will bring experience working with small to medium, high growth, global tech companies
- 2+ years’ experience as a Back-end Engineer or as a QA Automation Engineer, ideally working with Node.js, Docker, K8s, with a keen interest in Software Security.
- Deep understanding of Linux, Networking, Cryptography, and Cloud Architectures (Preferably Azure). You also know your way around Docker (or other containerization technologies) and CI/CD pipelines
- You know or heard about Burp, Nessus, Metasploit, etc. Any experience with them, other popular tools, or have built your own tool is a big plus
- You participated in a public or private Bug Bounty program. If you have a public HackerOne profile (or from any other program) please share it with us!
- Preferred knowledge of OWASP methodology and web and mobile vulnerabilities.
- Ability to solve complex problems by considering multiple solutions, weighing them, and deciding on the best course of action.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexibility with schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Daily lunch at the office
- Health insurance (OSDE 310)
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.