As a Robotics Engineer in the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your skills (and learn new ones!) across a broad range of engineering disciplines in advanced robotics – from hardware design to control algorithms and planning.
You will make use of our extensive in-house prototyping equipment (CNC mill, CNC router, multiple 3D printers including FDM and SLA) to design, test and optimize mechanical assemblies that exceed FDA requirements. You will prototype reliable, industrial-grade electronic systems and controls, and deploy them in the real world to manufacture advanced, life-saving pharmaceutical products.
You will write software code to control individual robotic systems, and to manage multiple robotic systems in parallel. You will be involved at all levels in the development of robotic control systems – including real-time code for microcontrollers, ROS code to manage our fleets of robots, computer vision code for quality control, and planning algorithms to manage our robotic factories.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software.
- Experience using rapid prototyping technologies (e.g. 3D printing) and subtractive manufacturing (mill, lathe, CNC routers).
- Compelling robotic portfolio – we want to see that you’ve built awesome robotic systems (including personal projects, academic research, and professional projects).
- Familiarity with Python for data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with microcontrollers for robotic systems control.
- Experience working in high-performance engineering teams that have achieved outstanding technical results (including both academic and professional teams).
- Willingness to work in a startup environment. We learn quickly, and we grow fast. Our team structure is very parallel. We trust every team member with key technology & responsibilities.
Additional qualifications (optional; important for senior roles)
- Proficiency with Python for robotic simulations and control.
- Experience with ROS in both academic and real-world settings.
- Experience designing and testing industrial electronic systems (electronic boards, control panels, power management, etc.).
- Industry experience. In particular, we value experience in the following spaces:
- Industrial automation: robots that make products.
- Advanced robotics: self-driving cars, drones, robotic manipulators, etc.
- Medical devices: design of systems that are regulated by the FDA.
- Lab automation: automating drug discovery, diagnostic testing.
- Warehouse automation and robotic product handling.
- Experience with advanced CAD software.
- Familiarity with advanced prototyping technologies (e.g. laser cutting, water jet, thermoforming) and with advanced industrial manufacturing (e.g. injection molding).