As a mechanical engineer intern in the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your engineering skills to design machine elements, structures, and mechanisms used with custom automated machinery involved in the manufacturing of advanced pharmaceutical products.
Our engineering-focused work environment provides in-house access to a wide range of state-of-the-art prototyping and fabrication equipment, extensive engineering material and component inventory to experiment and build with, a personalized CAD workstation, and multiple workspaces that foster creativity and collaboration.
This position may also involve the selection, testing, and documentation of electromechanical actuators, controls, sensors, and microcontrollers.
Key Technical Requirements
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software, including modeling and creation of detailed drawings.
- Experience designing and prototyping mechanical components, and functional assemblies.
- Familiarity with common engineering metals, plastics, joining methods, part fabrication methods, and finishing operations.
- Ability to safely and effectively use hand tools, power tools, rapid prototyping equipment, basic machine shop fabrication equipment, and precision measurement tools.
Teamwork Skill Requirements
- A self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced technically challenging startup company environment.
- Very organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple project and task assignments simultaneously.
- Able to clearly express your ideas and design details in meetings, team presentations, white board brainstorming sessions, and in various technical documentation.
Additional Qualifications – Considered a plus
- Experience in working with collaborative or industrial robot arms.
- Experience working with robot EOATs, work cell fixtures, or material handling systems.
- Experience creating structures and machine guarding from aluminum T-slot framing.
- Experience operating machine shop equipment to fabricate precision parts.
- Familiarity with ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T standard.