As a mechanical engineer in the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your engineering skills and expertise to design machine elements and structures, complex mechanisms, and custom automated machinery involved in the manufacturing of novel pharmaceutical products.
Our team-oriented work environment provides in-house access to a wide range of state-of-the-art prototyping and fabrication equipment, extensive engineering material and component inventory to experiment and build with, personalized CAD workstation, and multiple workspaces that foster creativity and collaboration.
This position may also involve also involve the selection and integration of electromechanical actuators, controls, sensors, and microcontrollers.
Key Technical Requirements
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software, including modeling and creation of detailed drawings.
- Mechanical design experience taking basic ideas and concepts through to a production – pilot ready working solution that is both robust and functionally refined.
- Working knowledge of common engineering metals, plastics, joining methods, part fabrication methods, and finishing operations.
- Ability to safely and effectively use hand tools, power tools, rapid prototyping equipment, basic machine shop fabrication equipment, and precision measurement tools.
Teamwork Skill Requirements
- A self-starter comfortable working in a fast paced, technically challenging startup company environment.
- Very organized, and detail oriented.
- Able to handle multiple project and task assignments simultaneously.
- Able to clearly express your ideas and design details in meetings, team presentations, white board brainstorming sessions, and in various technical documentation.
Additional Qualifications – Considered a plus
- Experience designing and building automated production machinery for an FDA regulated industry.
- Industrial experience developing robot EOATs, work cell fixtures, or material handling systems.
- Demonstrable proficiency operating machine shop equipment to fabricate high precision parts.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T standard.
- Experience designing injection molded parts, qualifying mold tooling, and selecting plastic resins.
The job level for each applicant will be determined based upon individual qualifications and years of experience.