As a Mechanical Engineer in the Multiply Labs team, you will apply your engineering skills and expertise to design advanced mechatronic systems that enable the precise, reliable manufacturing of life-saving pharmaceutical products.
You will make use of our extensive in-house prototyping equipment (CNC mill, CNC router, multiple 3D printers including FDM and SLA) to design, test and optimize mechanical assemblies that exceed FDA requirements. You will prototype reliable, industrial-grade electronic systems and controls, and deploy them in the real world to manufacture next-gen drugs that are tailored for each individual patient.
You will optimize the design, manufacturing and assembly of our electromechanical systems to achieve maximum performance, accuracy and robustness. We make use of some of the most advanced sensors, actuators and control systems in the life science industry. You will work closely with FDA experts and biotechnology scientists in order to optimize our robotic systems for the specific needs of pharma manufacturing facilities.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software.
- Experience using rapid prototyping technologies (e.g. 3D printing) and subtractive manufacturing (mill, lathe, CNC routers).
- Compelling mechanical engineering portfolio – we want to see that you’ve built awesome mechatronic systems (including personal projects, academic research, and professional projects).
- Experience with microcontrollers for robotic systems control.
- Experience working in high-performance engineering teams that have achieved outstanding technical results (including both academic and professional teams).
- Willingness to work in a startup environment. We learn quickly, and we grow fast. Our team structure is very parallel. We trust every team member with key technology & responsibilities.
Additional qualifications (optional; important for senior roles)
- Experience with advanced CAD software (e.g. PLM).
- Familiarity with advanced prototyping technologies (e.g. laser cutting, water jet, thermoforming).
- Experience with advanced industrial manufacturing technologies (e.g. injection molding, EDM).
- Industry experience. In particular, we value experience in the following spaces:
- Industrial automation: robots that make products.
- Advanced robotics: self-driving cars, drones, robotic manipulators, etc.
- Medical devices: design of systems that are regulated by the FDA.
- Lab automation: automating drug discovery, diagnostic testing.
- Warehouse automation and robotic product handling.
- Experience deploying product-grade electromechanical systems in an industrial context.
- Experience designing and testing industrial electronic systems (electronic boards, control panels, power management units, etc.).