Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a creative, proactive, and tech savvy Manager, Workplace Culture & Community to join our team. This role is critical to Muck Rack’s success because we know that engaged employees drive better business outcomes.
As our Manager, Workplace Culture & Community, your mission will be to drive employee engagement, build upon an already strong company culture & community, and develop and refine processes and programs to effectively execute on our Culture of Inclusion strategy. You should be excited about planning and executing a range of events, both virtual and IRL, coming up with new ways to foster meaningful connections between our employees, and strategically leveraging an array of tools and resources to continuously increase employee engagement. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you get your satisfaction from fostering relationships, planning inclusive and innovative community experiences, and building processes and systems to make your work as efficient and impactful as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Help drive meaningful connections and a sense of belonging at work through a mix of creative, remote-first touchpoints and in-person events
- Develop and maintain a calendar of annual events and programs, including Heritage Month plans and employee recognition opportunities
- Build and maintain a database of ready-to-launch events and vendor relationships to be activated as needed
- Create a catalog of past events highlighting what worked, what didn’t work, execution and measured success
- Analyze outcomes of events and programs through surveys and feedback, evolving plans for the future as needed
- Weave existing tools and resources into our Culture of Inclusion strategy to optimize usage and increase impact
- Lead multiple committees and groups (including Culture & Events Committee, Charitable Giving Committee, Onboarding Buddies and Welcome Crew) to help you successfully execute on culture and community goals
How success will be measured in this role:
- Number of events planned and successfully executed
- Event/program engagement and feedback
- Increasing/optimizing usage of existing tools and resources
- Annual engagement survey results measuring eNPS, Engagement, Feeling Valued, Fit & Belonging and Work Relationships
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 5+ years professional experience, with 4+ years of event planning experience (both virtual and IRL) and at least 2 years on an HR/People team at a high growth tech company (ideally fully remote)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with comfort and confidence presenting live to large and small groups
- Proficiency in Slack, Zoom, Canva, and a project management tool (ie. Asana, Trello, Monday)
- Experience with basic data analysis
- High energy personality focused on creating connection and inclusive relationship building
- Self motivated with an ownership mindset and ability to collaborate and problem solve across teams and committees to drive outcomes
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Manager, Workplace Culture & Community role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- 45 min zoom interview with the hiring manager
- 45 min zoom peer interview
- Take-home assignment (3 hours max)
- A final interview with several team members
In the US, the starting salary for this role is between $95,000.00 - $115,000, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary and a quarterly bonus plan. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.