Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We're looking for an experienced Product Marketing leader to create value and accelerate Muck Rack's revenue growth. You’ll position, package, and message our product across segments, personas and use cases in order to maximize customer awareness, adoption, revenue and delight. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Revenue, and Leadership teams to ensure our product is positioned and sold effectively and that internal teams have the insights they need to make effective decisions.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the short and long-term business, overseeing programs across the entire product marketing landscape including market and competitor research, positioning and messaging, revenue enablement materials, pricing and packaging, and bringing new features to market.
What you’ll do:
- Guide how Muck Rack communicates with customers throughout their journey. Craft, validate, refine and evangelize product positioning and messaging, and tailoring value props by segment, industry, persona, use case, geography and other vectors.
- Generate market and competitive intelligence to help our Product team build high-value, differentiated products, our revenue teams stay current and win, and inform our company’s future vision and strategy.
- Help our team better understand our target market through industry research, how our customers make purchasing decisions, and how to differentiate against and beat our competition. Create deep customer understanding, document it, and then infuse it into the minds, plans, and execution of all teams at the company.
- Support smooth and effective product launches that drive results. Partner with product, customer success, sales, and marketing teams to help execute a product launch process that covers research, testing, content creation, training, and measurement.
- Develop compelling and easy-to-understand external-facing content (sales collateral, case studies, FAQs, positioning and talking points, etc.) and internal enablement and positioning for the Sales and Customer Success teams (like positioning and messaging guides, FAQs, battlecards, and more)
- Collaborate with Finance, Revenue, Revenue Operations, and Product teams to refine our pricing and packaging strategy to empower Product and Revenue teams to build and sell products that create value and accelerate Muck Rack's revenue growth.
- Support the sales and customer success teams with internal education/training
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 8+ years experience overall, 5+ years B2B SaaS product marketing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to articulate and communicate customer problems and the product story
- Effective at interacting with a wide range of audiences, including executives and large sales teams. You're a relationship-builder and good at coordinating team members of all seniority levels and driving them towards completing actions against a common goal.
- Experience transforming concepts, features, and capabilities into key messages and compelling narratives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage cross-functional work with colleagues and cross-functional teams
- Advanced project management skills to prioritize and manage fast-moving initiatives that involve several stakeholders
- Experience working effectively across Marketing, Sales, CS and Product orgs
- You have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present to audiences of all levels and sizes (company-wide to Executive team).
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional initiatives to completion, and on deadline.
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Director, Product Marketing role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Final interview with several members of our team
Based on the interview plan above, we expect this process to take approximately 2.5-4 weeks. This can depend on the availability of candidates and our hiring team.
The starting salary for this role is between $147,000-173,000 depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.