Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Crains, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a seasoned, creative, and process-driven Senior UX Researcher to join our team.
As our first Senior UX Researcher, your mission will be working closely with Product, UX, and Engineering to conduct user interviews and run discovery so that we can use user insights to prioritize our Product roadmap. You will establish a clear and documented approach to how we conduct user research.
You should be an excellent communicator as well a flexible team player that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You should be comfortable applying UX Research best practices so we can get to user insights and recommendations faster and more efficiently—all while collaborating closely with passionate Product, UX, and Engineering teams who are deeply committed to delivering a great customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, conduct, and analyze discovery and evaluative user research through both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Establish a clear and documented approach to user research to inform our product strategy
- Utilize consumer and marketing data to help inform our understanding of user behavior
- Scale and mature UX research process as the team grows
- Identify emerging themes and trends across multiple research initiatives
- Make the voice of the user heard across the business
How success will be measured in this role:
- Customer insights and recommendations have informed the product roadmap and have led to higher customer engagement, adoption, and satisfaction
- Definition of UX research toolkit and playbooks
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 5+ yrs experience with experience conducting UX/User/Design Research, including experience informing product strategies and integrating user research into product designs
- Experience/knowledge with Dovetail or similar UX Research repositories
- Experience working on SaaS products is preferred
- Experience with planning, executing and analyzing qual, quant, and mixed method studies by hosting/leading interviews, surveys, ideation sessions, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, statistical modeling, and diary studies
- Experience working with engineers, product designers, product managers, customer success and sales teams
- Proven experience in uncovering unmet user needs, and unpacking meaning from sometimes obscure and disparate findings
- Applied experience contributing to evolution/development of the product strategy
- Experience leading design thinking / co-creation / design workshops that take stakeholders through the design thinking process to frame a project
- Experience collaborating on new products or features from conception to launch
- Storytelling: You tell visual and verbal stories when delivering insights about people and behavior in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the UX team as well as engineering, product management, marketing and others
- Time Management: You manage ambiguity, work autonomously, keep organized, and multitask in an agile environment; You have a pragmatic bias for action, always trying to seek the most expedient path to get the insights needed without compromising on findings or integrity
- Collaboration: You have a strong partner management mindset and are able to navigate between teams and identify key contacts
- Growth Mindset: You are innately curious, optimistic, and are always looking to improve or to constructively debate a strategy, situation or topic with a team member
- Resilient: You can roll with the punches and don’t get deterred easily; if you hit a roadblock, keep thinking about other ways to accomplish the goal
- Champion our users: you are best at understanding and representing who our users are (pain points, motivations) so that we can bring that to the product
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Senior UX Researcher role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Panel interviews with several members of our team
- Live Portfolio Review
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $125,000 and $155,000+, depending on skills and experience with room for negotiation. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer a select plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 70% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 10+ paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Self-funded means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.