Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019, 2020, and 2021! We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
Muck Rack’s fast growth has resulted in the revenue team more than doubling in size over the past two years. Given our large addressable market and aggressive growth goals, we plan to double the team again in 2022. We’re looking for a strategic and data-driven Revenue Operations Director/VP to build and lead the team that will take Muck Rack to the next level.
As our first Revenue Operations leader, your mission will be to lead our revenue operations strategy from top of the funnel through renewal in order to drive the productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. You should be excited about analyzing and making data-driven recommendations that will impact overall company growth. You will report to Muck Rack’s CRO and collaborate closely with Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing. This role will also collaborate with finance and people operations for ARR goal setting, compensation and hiring planning.
You should be an inspiring leader with a passion for building the infrastructure to support our revenue growth. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are eager to own a comprehensive strategy and develop future ops leaders across Sales and Customer Success.
What you'll do:
- Manage current team of 4, including Sales Ops & Enablement Manager, Customer Success Operations Manager and Deal Desk, and continue to build out the team
- Define processes, measurement and reporting to support and scale Muck Rack’s sales teams
- Lead headcount planning for sales roles and team configurations to maximize sales productivity
- Own finalizing sales quotas in alignment with with financial/ARR goals
- Scale the strategy that defines customer books of business as the team grows and customer base evolves
- Build an enablement strategy from the ground up for a growing sales/SDR/CSM team
- Analyze ARR, conversion rates, net retention and customer health to identify which levers will help Muck Rack grow quickly and responsibly
- In partnership with the CRO, deliver insights to Product, Marketing and Customer Success teams on key areas of opportunity for growth and improvements
- Own revenue and pipeline forecasting
- Collaborate with the VP of Customer Success and CS Ops to define health and NPS goals
- Partner with product and marketing to develop an enablement plan for major product launches
How success will be measured in this role:
- Overall company ARR goals
- Overall customer health goals
- Reducing ramp time for reps
- Forecasting accuracy
- Reducing deal length cycle
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 8+ years working on a revenue/sales operations team at a high growth SaaS company
- Proven history building a revenue operations strategy from the ground up
- Experience managing individuals on a revenue/sales operations team
- Passionate about driving business goals forward and aligning the pre-sales, sales and post-sales processes
- Focused on data-driven decision making that impacts the revenue team’s long-term vision
- Hands on experience managing a tech stack for a revenue team (e.g. CRM (we use Hubspot), LMS, Customer Success)
- Proven history successfully managing multiple complex projects with specific deadlines
- Comfortable managing complex data sets and problems in Excel
- Experience analyzing customer health data
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Director/VP of Revenue Operations role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- Complete our job application by submitting your resume, LinkedIn profile, & contact information
- A thirty-minute interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A one-hour video interview with the hiring manager for this position
- Four, thirty-minute interviews with several members of our team
- Submit a take-home assignment that should take no longer than 3-4 hours to complete
- 3-4 references calls & a background check
Based on the interview plan above, we expect this process to take approximately 3-5 weeks. This can depend on the availability of candidates and our hiring team.The start date for this role is flexible.
The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 - $190,000+, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Geo-neutral approach to compensation, with competitive & equitable base salaries, plus a standardized bonus program*
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- We conduct bi-annual performance reviews, and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals; 70% paid by employer for families)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions*
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account*
- Discounted gym & bike memberships* and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first