Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We seek an outcome-oriented VP of Product with B2B and product expansion experience to take Muck Rack from the fastest-growing CRM for PR to a must-have software. Our customers span every marketplace, love us and want more and you’ll lead building our fully integrated suite of indispensable products.
Reporting to the two co-founders (CEO and CTO), you will manage growing Product, Design, and Editorial (research and database management) departments. You and the 11 people on your growing team will set the company strategy and own the product roadmap. Your teams will surface insights, new ways to articulate our users' needs, and the best ideas to grow the org around as we launch new features, expand our reach globally, and bring more of the media landscape onto our platform.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have…
- Significant expertise setting and driving strategic direction that grew B2B SaaS business by expanding product scope and desirability.
- Drove user engagement from weekly to daily.
- Already built a lot of simple, elegant tools with pleasant user experiences for a two-sided marketplace or SaaS company (e.g. CRM, workflow, productivity, etc.).
- Built products that handle big data with machine learning / AI.
- Increased transparency into a business by surfacing, tracking and communicating the right business metrics and better feedback loops.
- Hired, trained, retained, and motivated growing departments of Designers, Database Managers and Product Managers.
- Empowered decision makers across remote, action-oriented and trust-based company.
- Communicated company vision and product roadmap at hypergrowth moments.
- Passion for or excitement to learn all-things media landscape and community.
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries, company-wide bonus plan, and equity
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.