Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded, globally distributed, and growing quickly, Crain’s named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019, 2020, and 2021! We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a confident and driven Account Executive to join our team and make a big impact.
As an Account Executive, you will be focused on winning new customers in the mid-market segment of Muck Rack. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse range of agency and brand prospects. You’ll be a great fit for this role if building rapport and guiding prospects through a sales process comes naturally to you.
You will work closely with the account management and sales development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for a portion of Muck Rack sales leads
- Achieve sales goals and meet activity quota requirements
- Respond to inbound demo requests and prospect for self-generated opportunities
- Demo Muck Rack at meetings, on phone calls and at events
- Negotiate contracts and close deals
- Travel to lead onsite meetings with prospects up to 10% of your time (when possible)
- Become involved in the public relations industry
- Identify sales processes that need to be improved and present solutions
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- At least 1 year of experience as an SDR, AE, or AM in SaaS and 2+ years of total professional experience (experience carrying a quota or managing a book of business in some capacity is key)
- Experience carrying a quota and exceeding goals
- Natural relationship builder who is personable, patient and dependable - you enjoy working with prospects, and they enjoy working with you
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - you’re equally comfortable drafting an email, jumping on the phone, and leading meetings/presenting to large groups
- Proactive in helping customers with long term planning - you’re a solutions-oriented problem solver who derives satisfaction from ensuring customer needs are met
- Familiar with the tools we use, including Dropbox, HelloSign, Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), and Slack, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
- Experience demoing software, closing deals, and managing a pipeline is helpful
Benefits of Working at Muck Rack
- Fully distributed team, with work-from-home benefits and monthly co-working stipend
- Competitive salaries, company-wide bonus plan, and equity
- Generous off-the-grid PTO, including paid parental leave, paid sick/mental health days, learning days, summer Fridays, and more
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by employer for individuals; 70% paid by employer for families)
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted gym & bike memberships and free Headspace account
- Unlimited subscription to Learning & Development platforms
- Virtual & in-person team bonding opportunities including free lunches, activities, & events
- Inclusive culture that listens to and welcomes diverse perspectives
- Self funded means we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products and put our customers first
We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and from all parts of the United States and Canada to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process and employer experience.