About the Role
The Unreal Engine 3D Asset Artist will be working daily under the guidance of our Technical Director and Head Of Visuals. They will be working on creating real life assets to be used within Unreal Engine to support our Production and Camera Teams in helping visualize what the real video will look like. They will be responsible for the custom design of any asset with guidance from our Creative Team. They will also assist the Environment Artist with any structures & props they may need to further the detail of a scene.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who works well under pressure and short turn around times with a high level to detail. Due to the nature of Youtube, we are constantly working on multiple projects at a time and all of them at different stages. They will need to be an organized person who understands our project needs are constantly changing and they will need to adapt accordingly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating 3D Assets & Art (3D Modeling, Sculpting, Asset Creation, Texturing, Advanced Materials, Lighting)
- Collaborating with our Creative Team to ensure the project meets the creative vision
- Propose pipeline and technology improvements to our Technical Director
- Assist in optimizing performance on projects (i.e., retopology, prepping assets for Nanite in UE5, Material packaging & optimization, etc)
What makes you a fit:
- Expert knowledge in all areas of 3D Modeling and Asset creation
- Expert proficiency in 3D workflows and taking an asset from concept to final, including the stages of modeling, texturing, lighting and rendering
- Proficiency in using 3D modeling software such as Blender, zBrush, Substance Painter / Designer, 3ds Max, Maya or Houdini
- Experience in prepping, optimizing and importing assets into Unreal Engine 5
- Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and optimize assets for performance
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering workflow -Excellent team working skills and the ability to receive constructive criticism