Set Construction Team Lead- MUST have Theater Set Build experience!!
We are searching for a skilled and experienced individual to join and lead our set construction team. This individual will be responsible for supervising and coordinating on-site construction activities through creation and installation of multiple projects. This individual will analyze the video visions and collaborate with the director, provide cost and time estimates, and ensure all sets meet safety standards. You should be able to collaborate with different creative teams and stay motivated while working long hours. To be successful as a Team Lead, you should be able to delegate tasks, make decisions under pressure, and provide clear instructions. Outstanding candidates have a keen eye for detail, strong creative vision, and the ability to maturely process criticism.
● Supervising set construction timeline and communicating thoroughly with the crews and vendors
● Understanding scripts and production specifications and collaborating with the Manager to design the layout and look of the set and props ● Delegating tasks, developing time schedules, and occasionally assisting in ordering required materials for the set.
● Manages construction efforts on a project or multiple projects which can be large and complex in nature
● Researching specific design details and incorporating these into the set.
● Producing mockups for the director’s approval and implementing changes as required
● Providing cost estimates
○ Arbitrates directive negotiation conflicts between contractor and estimating
● Performing quality assurance on all aspects of the set.
● Manages pre-construction services scope and provides pre-construction input
● Day-to-day decision making for construction activities within scope
● Knows when to elevate issues requiring executive leadership direction
● Direct point of contact/communication to all construction vendors and contractors on a daily basis
● Briefing crew and cast on set safety and also explaining how the set operates.
● Daily progress reports and check-ins with Set and Construction Manager Basic
● 4+ years of outside job related experience, any of the following:
○ Construction Management
○ Theme Park Design/Build
○ Fabrication Specialist( ability to work with variety of materials)
○ Haunted House/Attraction
○ Scenic Artist
○ Exhibition projects
● Ability to lead a project team
● Ability to manage through conflict, complexity and to problem-solve issues to resolution
● Ability to direct, adapt to change, establish relationships, collaborate, build consensus and anticipate roadblocks
● Excellent creative intelligence and HUGE time management skills. Can handle STRESS.
● TEAM MINDSET
● Must be able to commit and be flexible on long hours
● A good eye for detail (creative and analytical) and the ability to generate many ideas.
Candidate must possess and conduct herself / himself with the highest level of respect and professionalism. Project environment is extremely diverse and requires a strong depth of character & social excellence. Projects are highly dynamic and ever-changing coupled with required daily interface.