We are the largest YouTube brand in the world, renowned for our seemingly impossible creative ingenuities. At MrBeast, we attribute much of our success to putting our four foundational pillars of viral content above everything else: IRL Comedy, Spectacles, General Good, and Philanthropy. Our YouTube presence boasts 6 channels, 146 million subscribers, 20 billion video views, and a 501c3 accredited charity.
It takes a team of the world’s best to stay cutting edge in an ephemeral culture. Therefore, we are looking for obsessive people that are smart and well versed in content creation. These individuals will not only fit in with our company values, but they will also be curious, ambitious, fearless, self-starters that push the limits of what was once thought of as impossible.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our innovative team, we would love to chat with you!
About the Role
Lead Content Strategists ensure that the content strategists and writers meet timelines and deadlines, so they can pitch written video content to the Director for approval. Once approved, the Lead Content Strategist also partners with the Production Manager to ensure that the creative vision of a video is upheld throughout the pre-production, production, and post-production processes.
Our ideal candidate for this role will put creativity first, without worrying about how the specifics will be accomplished. They will obsess about audience retention and use their understanding of virality to reinforce our brand's voice through excellent methods of storytelling.
If the candidate wants to exceed our expectations, they will study the ins and outs of YouTube. They will be well versed in viral trends and other creator’s brands. They will use their knowledge to lead others by demonstrating how it can be leveraged for unique content creation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching trends and tactics for retention against YouTube algorithm
- Manages the content strategist for research and development
- Write out scenes for a video
- Leading content writers to flesh out the framework for bits
- Pitching written concepts and flow of a video to the Director for approval
- Collaborate with the Production Manager for timing, location and budget
- Work with on site teams to oversee build and execution of written content
What makes you a fit:
- 3+ years experience as a producer, writer or content strategist in high performing digital content
- Unyielding thirst to create
- Affinity of all things social and viral
- Communication, Organization and Time Management Skills
- Knowledge of influencers/creators and current video trends
- Previous experience in YouTube preferred
A Place to Call Home
We are based in Greenville, North Carolina, widely recognized as the cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of Eastern North Carolina. Greenville is a university-medical community, home to East Carolina University and Vidant Medical Center, as well as a vibrant Uptown Greenville District with a diverse art, music, and food scene featuring an increasing number of unique, locally-owned businesses and restaurants.
Our excellent affordability, geographic location, and natural resources, combined with cultural, economic, educational, and medical amenities make Greenville-Pitt County a preferred community to call home.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental, Vision and company-paid Life Insurance
- Company contributions to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401k Plan with Safe Harbor company-matching
- Flexible vacation policy and paid company holidays
- Company-provided technology package
- Relocation for those coming in from outside the area including travel and company-provided housing for the first 90 days