We are the largest YouTube brand in the world, renowned for our seemingly impossible creative ingenuities. At MrBeast, we attribute much of our success to putting our four foundational pillars of viral content above everything else: IRL Comedy, Spectacles, General Good, and Philanthropy. Our YouTube presence boasts 6 channels, 146 million subscribers, 20 billion video views, and a 501c3 accredited charity.
It takes a team of the world’s best to stay cutting edge in an ephemeral culture. Therefore, we are looking for obsessive people that are smart and well versed in content creation. These individuals will not only fit in with our company values, but they will also be curious, ambitious, fearless, self-starters that push the limits of what was once thought of as impossible.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our innovative team, we would love to chat with you!
About the Role
Content Strategists are key to bringing big ideas to life. They are internet savants, storytellers, scientists, and conduits for all things trending. While they are creatively inspired by their surroundings, they must also have a unique ability to understand that video virality is purposeful.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have a duality to their personality. They will be limitless in idea generation and also need to be able to work within our proven video formats. This position will have a huge learning curve, it is one of the hardest roles to fulfill at our company.
If the candidate wants to exceed our expectations, they will study our data analytics for retention. Ultimately learning what makes a good video will help our creative team develop even more successful formats to debut on the main channel.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research trends and tactics for retention against YouTube algorithm
- Write prop lists, challenges, punishments, and prizes for videos that will be submitted to Head of Creative for approval
- Work with on site teams day to day to facilitate that the creative vision is met during production decisions, this will include but will not be limited to: purchase decisions, sourcing materials, and scouting film locations
- Take meeting notes, organize and track all creative documents in production team drive
What makes you a fit:
- Previous experience in YouTube preferred
- Knowledge of influencers/creators and current video trends- or willingness to learn this quickly
- Humility- you will need to have a willingness to learn and grow. We need to be able to mold and teach you
- Willingness to be a part of team- this role requires strong communication skills and the ability to change directions quickly
A Place to Call Home
We are based in Greenville, North Carolina, widely recognized as the cultural, educational, economic, and medical hub of Eastern North Carolina. Greenville is a university-medical community, home to East Carolina University and Vidant Medical Center, as well as a vibrant Uptown Greenville District with a diverse art, music, and food scene featuring an increasing number of unique, locally-owned businesses and restaurants.
Our excellent affordability, geographic location, and natural resources, combined with cultural, economic, educational, and medical amenities make Greenville-Pitt County a preferred community to call home.
The Perks, Why Work On the MrBeast Team
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield), Dental, Vision and company-paid Life Insurance
- Company contributions to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401k Plan with Safe Harbor company-matching
- Flexible vacation policy and paid company holidays
- Company-provided technology package
- Relocation for those coming in from outside the area including travel and company-provided housing for the first 90 days