MONTESSORI PEAKS ACADEMY- JeffCo Public School of Choice
Montessori Peaks Academy is a Jeffco Public Charter school. Our philosophy and methodology is based on Maria Montessori's belief in the education of the whole child, honoring each child, and preparing them to be life-long learners and responsible world citizens.
MPA is a Colorado public charter school and tuition-based preschool located in Littleton, Colorado in the Jefferson County school district. MPA provides programs for children from preschool (age 3) through eighth grade. Before- and after-school childcare is available for those who need it, and various after-school enrichment activities from which to choose as well. To meet the needs of our families, we also offer several different programs for home-schooled children, grades kindergarten through 8th grade.
Position: Director/Teacher, Middle School
Description: Director/Teacher position required to develop and implement Montessori Peaks Academy's new middle school program. Position will be hybrid initially, to include administrative functions and classroom education.
- Develop and administer an authentic Montessori Middle School curriculum consistent with accredited Montessori training.
- Develop Montessori materials and teach Montessori math and science lessons that speak to the interests of individual students.
- Promote a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Provide ongoing assessment of student learning, and adjust instructional methods to fit individual student needs, including students with special needs. Facilitate individual and small group education experiences.
- Continue to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in Montessori education by participating in professional development and attending seminars.
- Organize and maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping/reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by MPA requirements, district procedures, and applicable laws.
- Encourage parent involvement in a students' education and provide effective communication with students and parents.
- Coordinate with other MPA staff members to evaluate and assess curriculum. Participate in faculty meetings and committees.
- Supervise students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day.
- Administer standardized tests in accordance with District testing programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Familiarity with use of educational information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Capable of communicating effectively with staff, students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
BA or BS required
Certification as State Secondary Teacher
Montessori trained at secondary level preferred
Start date: March 1, 2023 but flexible
Salary Range: $50,000-$75000