A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Are you eager to build a better internet? Join Mozilla’s European marketing team as a Senior Paid Media/Performance Marketing Manager. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user journeys, media strategy and execution, particularly in the acquisition space. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to plan, execute and measure marketing campaigns and will use their previous experience to help us find new ways to bring consumers into our products and services. They are excited about digital marketing and want to balance established tactics with experimentation and emerging trends. They are comfortable analyzing data, understanding consumer insights and connecting these into business narratives.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to our European Activation Director.
What You'll Get To Do
- Own the paid media/performance strategy and implementation across channels for our European markets with focus on acquisition and growth
- Operationally lead the paid media programs from channel briefing and delivery of assets to run media activations
- Growth focus is in mobile environments
- Partner with key stakeholders to interpret holistic user journeys and drive converting traffic via integrated marketing campaigns
- Implement a test-and-learn approach to identify growth levers for our products, including new ad-formats, campaign types, and advertising platforms
- Lead the collaboration with our performance marketing agency to ensure agreed business goals and objectives are met
- Operate cross-functionally with internal and external teams such as creative studio, data science and marketing operations - to get things done efficiently
- Manage the media budget and provide input for forecasting of business KPIs, such as, traffic, revenue and ROAS
- Track, analyze, and report regularly on the campaign performance across channels using a variety of data sources and metrics (i.e. CTR, CAC, ROAS) and apply key findings to future initiatives
- Be up to date and share the latest industry trends and new technologies with the team and create actionable insights from them
What You Bring
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience and ability in digital strategy planning with expertise in acquisition marketing within European markets, in particular Germany, France and the UK
- Experience in mobile and app marketing environments for end-users"
- Strategic mindset that can shape the big picture while diving deep into data sets to draw conclusions and next steps
- Experience operationalizing & implementing digital marketing programs - process and attention to detail/organization are second nature to you
- Deep understanding of media landscape within core European markets of Germany, France and the UK
- Strong ability to build trustful, sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Well-versed in data analytics, consumer audience insights and connecting them into business narratives (incl. Incremental growth projects)
- Self-starter with high level of ownership and pro-activity
- Experience in managing vendors and agencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; German and/or French is a plus
- A passion for numbers, understanding of key metrics, and an ability to deliver performance dashboards and reports showcasing campaign progress and ROI
Mozilla Marketing is a lean, agile organization of roughly 60 people whose size belies its power. This team supports multiple business units and projects in varying stages of lifecycle. With specialists in multiple subject areas this group operates as one team under the mantra that great marketing begins and ends with great content. You're laser-focused on attracting new users, and raising product and brand awareness by relentlessly developing, distributing and promoting compelling messages and stories through engaging and culturally relevant content.
Mozilla European Marketing is an arm of Mozilla Marketing made up of Product Marketing (GTM), Creative Studio and In Marketing Activation/Demand Generation. Regionally focused, this team is dedicated to bringing the Mozilla story and products to European markets in compelling, culturally relevant ways that earns us new users and advocates.
Mozilla European Activation is a small team of marketing managers led by the European Activation Lead. This team owns talking directly with consumers as well as getting others to talk about us in order to advance Mozilla’s mission, grow brand awareness and attract new users for Mozilla products and services. They also bring insights and findings about the external landscape back into the organization.
Req ID: R1961