Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
- The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the planning, architecture, and delivery of major full stack software security projects within addons.mozilla.org (“AMO”).
- We’re looking for a passionate and creative individual to join a distributed team of talented and diverse engineers working to maintain, secure and grow our add-ons ecosystem.
What You'll Get To Do
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of the Firefox add-ons ecosystem, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Play a key role in improving our software architecture with the goal of increasing quality and maintainability over time.
- You will collaborate with people across Product, UX, Design, Engineering, QA, Localization, Ops, and Support teams to build and maintain core features.
- Step up to resolve product issues that impact our users – large and small.
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and track defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related program; or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills. You can validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
- Good knowledge of security analysis and threat modeling.
- Comfortable exploring solutions to complex problems and working collaboratively to pave the way forward in new problem spaces.
- Passionate about security and privacy.
Bonus points for
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
- Experience with front-end web application development (CSS, HTML, DOM and related).
- Experience with spam prevention or malware detection
- The ability to mentor and inspire junior developers.
- Previous experience working in open source.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.