Mozilla is looking for a Staff Human Resources Business Partner with a collaborative and talent-centric approach, who will contribute to our success by acting as a strategic business partner to executives and senior leaders and as an advocate for Mozillians! The person will be the “go-to” HR leader and doer for assigned leaders and business groups in the Go-to-Market product and revenue space, including the Chief Marketing Officer and leadership team. This role can be U.S. remote or based in one of our U.S. offices (San Francisco or Portland).
This is a high-visibility role where the outstanding candidate is expected to engage cross-functionally and to build and maintain trust-based relationships across the People Team, with the leaders, and with Mozillians. Grounded in a proven dedication to Mozilla’s mission, our product strategy and roadmaps, and our business, the person in this role is expected to influence and complete our people strategy, provide consultative support to aligned client groups, and drive the development and execution of critical people programs -- leadership coaching, performance management, compensation, engagement survey actions, and talent planning, to name a few.
We are excited for the positive impact this role will have on achieving the ambitious vision of Mozilla becoming a trusted guide to a joyful internet, realizing our operating values and strategic objectives, and on the growth and development of our employees! This Staff People Partner role will join a growing team of People Partners in both North America and Europe and will report into the Director, Global People Partners.
Drives Business Performance with Talent in Focus – A doer who pushes the boundaries of excellence to help break down barriers, get to yes, and all with urgency. Continuously thinking about our customers, employees, and the business and accepting personal accountability for getting results. Relentless about bringing value, identifying and realizing opportunities to achieve superior measurable results for partners. Responsible for driving performance and results with ethics and integrity.
Creates a Compelling Future – Having a clear impassioned vision of how to bring Mozilla’s unique core strengths and combination of assets to life, and motivating our employees with clear conversations on where we are going and why. Culture and change champion as we strengthen our focus on leading performance, development, engagement, and organizational planning.
Inspires and Develops Talent – Understanding that every employee has a stake in Mozilla’s success, and leading employees to engage their hearts and minds to develop their skills to become their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving teams. Demonstrates outstanding understanding of Total Rewards strategies as a driver.
Champions the Mozilla Culture – Modeling our Mozilla mission, vision, and operating values with a solid sense of collaboration, openness, and diversity of thought. Taking the time to share the stories that make us who we are, welcoming and integrating all employees to create a place where each of us can be ourselves, belong, and get results.
- Provides support and feedback to client groups, and advises managers at all levels in areas of performance management, management training and coaching, organizational development, and employee relations. Typically supports one or more senior leaders across a function; may support one or more senior executives based on organizational structure.
- Identifies great talent, internally and externally, who will set the standard across Mozilla. Mentors others both in the client group and on the People Team.
- Quickly identifies business needs; develops and presents solutions to senior leaders to help get results in the organization.
- Demonstrates ownership to develop and drive People programs and processes from start to finish that align with Mozilla’s goals and values. Delivers concise and timely meaningful results to the client group(s).
- Leads and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements. Raises to next level leadership, as needed.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, in partnership with other People Team colleagues, to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase efficiencies and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and organizational planning to support the business strategy.
- Works in ways that are reflective of our operating values of Welcoming Difference, Relationship Minded, Responsible Participation, and Grit.
Your Professional Profile:
- At least 8 years of relevant People Business Partner experience supporting front line, mid-level and executive leaders.
- Expert-level experience in a variety of HR competency areas such as organizational design, leadership development, change management, performance management, and talent & workforce planning.
- Experience working in business partnerships with integrated communications and marketing teams where organizational and product strategies are focused on a go-to-market (GTM) plan for high-tech products and services.
- Comfortable with high volume and very fast paced workload; not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to complete operational level work, if necessary. Able to switch between strategic and operational work daily.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with fluid information.
- Comfortable using technology, including Google’s suite of tools, Slack, and Box.
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Passionate about results that matter; able to build and deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- Standout colleague who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems; resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, with fine-tuned instincts and problem-solving skills. Demonstrates sound, consistent, trusted judgment.
- Experience working with a geo-distributed team; remote and global experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Master's degree and/or HR Certification strongly preferred.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1845