A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Would you like to play a prominent role in guiding the future of Mozilla's security? The ITEO Security Engineering team is geographically distributed and remote-friendly, while ensuring Mozilla can operate safely. We provide the guidance, design, and hands-on engineering to secure Mozilla’s public and private cloud stacks and protect from vulnerabilities. We also keep secrets safe, monitor for unwanted activity, and ensure our product teams can deliver secure products and services to the world.
We’re looking for a staff-level engineer to join our growing team and help us deliver on these important initiatives and more! As a senior member of the team you will act as a technical lead on projects, mentor other engineers, and drive technical decisions across the company.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Protect the services which products like Firefox, Pocket, etc depend on from attacks and abuses.
- Design, build and deploy security frameworks such as cloud security, vulnerability management, application security services, intrusion detection, and more!
- Design, review and improve the security controls of the organization.
- Write, maintain, and expand security automation and monitoring tools.
- Work with teams across the organization to keep our community safe.
- Comprehensive experience in securing Kubernetes as well as cloud-native services in GCP/AWS/Azure at enterprise scale using automation.
- You’ve worked fairly deeply in the engineering aspects of vulnerability management.
- Strong infrastructure security knowledge, from high level architectural concepts down to the implementation. You can also cleanly document and explain it to others.
- A solid understanding of data security and encryption along with experience in practical application.
- Leading larger collaborative DevOps-based projects is not new to you, and you're comfortable mentoring other team members as well.
- Python (preferred) and/or Golang skills are must-haves. You don’t need to be an authority, but should be comfortable with application development and understanding other people’s code.
- Comfortable with basic DevOps Linux system administration in cloud environments.
- Passion, curiosity, and real-world experience are required.
- Experience securing large-scale deployments in major cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, or Azure), including automating controls and use of API functions.
- Log aggregation and analysis techniques, and familiarity with the concepts of common SIEM technology such as Splunk or Elastic Search.
- Cloud-centric abuse detection and mitigation tactics
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1657