Established in 2003, and guided by the Mozilla Manifesto, the Mozilla Foundation has been leading the fight for a healthy internet for more than 20 years. The Mozilla Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit, is the sole owner of Mozilla Corporation, the company behind Firefox, a browser built by the open source movement. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is open and accessible to all. It is also vital: as centralization, surveillance, exclusion and other online threats proliferate, we need a movement to keep the web a global resource.
To support our mission, the Mozilla Foundation Digital Engagement team is seeking a Digital Campaigner to help us mobilize and grow our global supporter base through powerful campaigns.
We are looking for a creative campaigner and excellent email writer who is passionate about grassroots mobilization and believes in the power of using digital tools to bring about change.
In this position, you will collaborate with the Digital Engagement team and colleagues across the Foundation to identify, develop and implement engaging campaigns that leverage the power of our supporters, with a particular focus on holding companies accountable for building trustworthy and safe digital products.
You will produce emails and other digital content that tell Mozilla’s story, communicate our work to the Mozilla community and develop new ways of engaging existing and new supporters in our mission.
As part of the team, you will also contribute to and implement our organizational strategies for supporter growth and engagement. Depending on previous experience and interest, this could include working on projects such as A/B testing, supporter acquisition or data analytics.
This role will report to the Head of Supporter Engagement.
Note that the title of the role is subject to change based on current internal review at the Foundation.
- Researching, developing and implementing engaging campaigns in line with our mission.
- Mobilizing existing and new Mozilla supporters to take action to build a healthier internet and trustworthy AI.
- Drafting persuasive email alerts and campaign materials for our supporters, working with the Head of Supporter Engagement, teams across Mozilla, as well as designers and developers to create compelling, accurate and timely content.
- Translating insights from relevant engagement metrics into writing, formatting and strategy.
- Working as part of the Digital Engagement team to develop and implement effective engagement strategies for Mozilla supporters.
- Supporting the Head of Supporter Engagement in tracking and analyzing relevant engagement metrics.
- Working alongside the Email Production Coordinator and Localization Coordinator to set up campaigns in our CMS and email systems.
- Building collaborative relationships within Mozilla and across the Foundation and Corporation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent email writing skills and the proven ability to motivate supporters to take action
- Experience in crafting and implementing public campaigns
- 2 years of work experience or equivalent in volunteer grassroots organizations; experience working in nonprofits with internet rights or consumer rights organizations preferred
- Track record of collaboration with people across multiple teams
- Genuine interest in topics and alignment with Mozilla’s Mission and Manifesto, especially regarding diversity and inclusion
- Strong analytical, oral, written, and social communications skills in English (equivalent to ILR 4)
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback (not limited to but particularly including text edits)
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on a range of issues, and effectively articulate how these relate to policies, initiatives and procedures to non-expert audiences
- Ability to effectively handle workload and complete projects in a timely fashion across time zones
Nice to have:
- Experience in public interest, corporate campaigning
- Strong analytical, oral, written, and social communications skills in French or Spanish (equivalent to ILR 5 – native or bilingual)
- Experience with social media copywriting
- Familiarity with CRM and Campaigning tools (e.g. Salesforce, Campaign Monitor)
- Experience with digital fundraising
- Experience with data analytics or experimentation, ideally in the context of campaigning
- Two or more years working in a remote, distributed team
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We strive to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We strive to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process.
The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range.
- Germany: €69,039 - €84,381 (mid-point: €76,710)
- UK: £40,939 - £50,037 (mid-point: £45,488)
- Canada: $78,160 - $95,528 (mid-point: $86,844)
- US: $73,271 - $89,553 (mid-point: $81,412)
Depending on the successful candidate’s location, we may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This differential is applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with representative examples of salary ranges, along with mid-point, with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £44,623 - £54,540 (mid-point: £49,581)
- Toronto: $84,334 - $103,075 (mid-point: $93,704)
- New York: $93,412 - $114,171 (mid-point: $103,791)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.