To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla’s SRE Team is looking for a Staff SRE to help us build and maintain infrastructure that supports Firefox’s many features, Mozilla’s web properties and upcoming products. You’ll combine skills from DevOps/SRE, systems administration, and software development to influence product architecture and evolution by crafting reliable cloud-based infrastructure for internal and external services.
As an SRE you’ll work closely with Mozilla’s engineering and product teams and participate in significant engineering projects across the company. You’ll collaborate with passionate engineers across different levels of experience and backgrounds. A lot of your work will involve improving existing systems, building new infrastructure, evaluating tools and eliminating toil.
This position is remote friendly or you may work in a local office when they reopen and available in the USA and Canada.
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design, maintain and improve automation code in Python
- Build CI/CD orchestration
- Diagnose and debug production incidents and then improve systems to prevent the problem from recurring
- Be part of a 24/7 On Call support team
- Collaborate with software development teams
- Mentor junior engineers
- Manage multiple projects with an eye on high quality and timely delivery
- Demonstrate accountability and team leadership in the delivery of work
- Be trusted to resolve unclear but urgent tasks
Your Professional Profile
- 6+ years of experience (or equivalent experience) related to software development and operations
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation, Ansible, or Puppet
- Expertise running services on GCP or AWS
- Strong communication skills
As our team works across multiple areas, you should be curious and interested in learning new things. We are excited to see any additional experience with:
- Database administration
- Kubernetes administration
- Web application design and development
- Open source software involvement
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2112