To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla is looking for a Director of Policy and Corporate Communications to lead our efforts in these critical areas. You will be responsible for sharing Mozilla’s unique stories and amazing products with the world. In this role, you will handle outreach and communications strategy to support our global policy goals as well to support corporate events such as our annual State of Mozilla report and acquisitions!
You will work closely with Policy and Legal teams and the Vice President of Communications to make the Internet more versatile, open and healthy by advancing our strategy on copyright reform, patent reform, Web inclusion, competition, and other key initiatives backing Mozilla’s core values and goals. You will play a critical role in helping teams advance our initiatives in these areas by using the public sphere to advance and enhance positions and conversations taking place with key regulatory and legislative bodies globally. You will also assist in building a more robust network of third-party allies who share our mission and commitment to protecting the future of the internet.
You will also work to use key corporate events to help advance our overall Mozilla narrative. Through creative media and communications work, you will help use acquisitions and key talent additions to flesh out our innovation story, and will lead significant corporate initiatives such as the annual State of Mozilla report.
You’ll lead, and help to build out, a distributed team, with support from PR agencies.
You should have an extensive PR background; messaging and media relations savvy are required. If you have a journalism background, that is wonderful!
- Set a strategy for global policy comms that aligns to and advances critical policy goals
- Work closely with social, events and editorial teams to both complete complex campaigns and ensure policy perspectives are more rigorously built in to overall communications initiatives
- Help us do a better job pushing our message into mainstream channels in online, print, television, and podcasts
- Utilize key individuals across the Policy and Legal teams as key spokespeople to advance our narratives
- Weave separate policy initiatives into a comprehensive policy narrative
- Work with Business Development and Product to position acquisitions within our overall strategy
- Assist in the developing a speaking and events engagement strategy for our CEO (aligned to policy outcomes)
- Support our policy and product teams on major launches, product and corporate campaigns and activities
Your Professional Profile
- 12+ years relevant experience
- 2-3 years experience working in a regulator or legislative office
- Excellent writing and social communication skills
- Strong character, ethics, attention to detail and a high standard of performance
- Prior experience leading communications teams
- Experience working with policy and academic communities
- Foreign language (Spanish, German) is useful
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2103