To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Mozilla recently launched a new Innovation Studio. We are a fast-paced organization of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial minded individuals, ready to build new products and experiment quickly to improve and extend the way people access and engage on the web.
We’re looking for a Full-Stack Engineer, who will be the first technical hire and technical lead on a new product line. You will play a key role in shaping and building a new product from early prototyping, to MVPs, to finding product market fit. You are inventive, creative, and know just how far to plan ahead for a project that operates more like a startup than an established software product. You will work with a very small cross-functional team that includes design and product management, and you will have wide latitude to operate independently with your teammates. You love to be invigorated by new challenges, you love working collaboratively, and you will have a team that supports you in making your very best contribution.
This role is right for you if:
- You are excited to build products that can impact future experiences on the web
- You can lead technical development of a new product line, from prototype up to business-critical high traffic products
- You can prototype and develop early stage products with an keen eye for user experience
- You are able to develop right-sized architectural and software designs
- You can write well-documented code and associated tests
- You can communicate effectively across disciplines
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and the unknown
- You are curious and enjoy rapidly learning new tools, frameworks and platforms
Your Professional Profile
- Familiar with a front-end frameworks including Svelte or React
- Experienced with SQL-based databases and NoSQL document stores
- Adept with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing software products in a startup or highly lean environments
- Experience with application security fundamentals and best practices
- Mobile app development experience, either using a native language (i.e. Swift) or a cross-platform framework (i.e. Reactive Native)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2091