At Mozilla, we strive to make the Internet better for all users. Do you care deeply about the web and are passionate about software and systems engineering? Are you interested in and want to work in the open and at scale?
The Systems Engineering team builds custom services and platforms for Mozillians to get their work done more efficiently. We are a part of the IT and Engineering Operations organization and our work is used by many teams across Mozilla. On our team you will be creating solutions for and learning from a diverse group of engineers, designers, product managers and professionals in many subject areas.
As a member of the team you will:
- Build software to improve Mozilla’s business and product processes
- Work on large scale systems used by millions of people
- Have many opportunities to work with a range of different technologies
What our team works on:
The team is committed to contributing to open source in a transparent manner. Nearly everything we create is accessible and available to the community.
Here are a few of the key services and platform in our portfolio:
- Remote Settings - a real time data platform that keeps millions of Firefox clients up to date. It currently powers over 60 features on desktop and mobile Firefox.
- Taskcluster - the engine behind Firefox’s CI/CD system to automate the thousands of tasks to build, test and ship Firefox daily.
- CTMS - a central platform for responsibly handling user contact data. It powers our newsletter and email marketing efforts.
Our team uses skills from a variety of domains. If you have experience with some of these technologies and enjoy learning new things we encourage you to apply.
- Linux and POSIX systems
- Cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
- System and service architecture design
- REST and GraphQL APIs
We value individual expertise, learning and diverse perspectives. As a team, we host design reviews to create an inclusive, learning focused environment to design solutions together.
We are looking for candidates that love technology, value creativity, diversity and learning. If you enjoy building things to help people work less and get more done please submit your application.
Your Professional Profile:
- BS/MS in CS, CE or relevant work experience
- Experience building web based APIs and services
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Located in Canada or the US within CST or EST time zones