The Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit public benefit organization. Our mission is to ensure that the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. Each year, we throw an annual festival for internet health: Mozilla Festival. MozFest is no ordinary tech conference. It is a whirl of people and ideas, sparks of curiosity and connection, and an atmosphere that is buzzing, dynamic and full of positive energy. The festival is one of a kind. Join us and help us through a world class celebration for internet health, and be part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online!
The Social Media Community Coordinator will support the Mozilla Festival, and the Foundation’s Marketing & Communications team by providing core social media functions for MozFest and Mozilla brand channels. We are seeking a creative problem solver with excellent community management skills and the ability to interpret Mozilla’s messaging from the perspective of our target audiences. This is a position with lots of room for creativity – our mission depends on it! You will get to explore new social media platforms and tactics as Mozilla Festival works to spark collaboration and engagement with our target audiences such as developers, educators and artists.
- Manage Mozilla and Mozilla Festival social media platforms using existing Communications Strategy and engagement funnel plans across different platforms.
- Supervise MozFest handles & respond to community posts across various social media channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Deliver social media campaign outputs.
- Set up, moderate and archive live social media events (such as LinkedIn Live and Twitter Spaces).
- Monitor, track, analyze and report on performance of social media platforms using Google Analytics, Brand Watch, Sprout and native social analytics.
- Deliver content across various platforms.
- Manage platforms upkeep, moderation, and content performance using tools such as Sprout.
- Produce content for Instagram and TikTok when requested by the Marketing & Communications team.
- Maintain Mozilla Festival Flickr photo account and moderate Mozilla Festival community Slack.
- Deliver internal communications on behalf of the team on platforms such as Mozilla’s internal content management system, Mozilla’s wiki, organization-wide calls, Slack, etc.
- Assist in creating promotional materials when requested, including social content, blogs, external-facing marketing copy, etc.
- Edit team communications copy (e.g. press releases, emails, website, etc)
- Review staff & community MozFest content for grammar, punctuation, and branding for use in Mozilla Foundation communications, press publications, etc. to ensure consistent voice and accurate, up-to-date information is being shared and is inline with the MozFest Style Guide.
- Supports the festival Ambassador program
- Provide planning, leadership, and facilitation support across all Mozilla Festival Team and Global Programs activities to build a cohesive and accessible offering of our work.
- Collaborating across MozFest and Marketing teams to support the coordination of social media activity for the festival and core Mozilla marketing activity.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience supporting a brand’s social media presence across multiple social channels
- Ability to understand and present technical information (particularly around AI) to nontechnical audiences and write in a friendly, inclusive, and approachable manner
- Extensive experience in working with Instagram, Twitter, Slack, LinkedIn and with tools like Brand watch and Sprout Social
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an interest in writing, proofreading, and editing
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Is energized with a fast-paced work environment, and is not afraid of quick lead-times
- A basic understanding of SEO, and web traffic metrics
- Content creation experience
Experience & Skills Desired:
- Familiarity with Wagtail, Acoustic platforms and Canva (or other graphic design software), is a plus
- Experience running advertising campaigns on social media platforms and AdWords is a plus
Salary and Benefits Information:
The Mozilla Foundation is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation for our staff. We aim to pay a competitive and market-based salary that takes into consideration the responsibilities and requirements of the role. We aim to offer at the midpoint of our salary ranges for the purposes of increasing inclusivity and fairness of our offer process and ensuring internal equity. We do not ask for, or take into account, salary histories in our offer process. The base salary ranges, along with mid-point, for this role in each of the key countries in which we employ staff is listed below. We target the 75th percentile of market pay as a salary band midpoint for all levels, with 10% either side of the midpoint to create a salary range. These four countries are where we most commonly employ staff:
- Germany: €62,976 - €76,971 (mid-point: €69,973)
- UK: £35,846 - £43,812 (mid-point: £39,829)
- Canada: $69,372 - $84,788 (mid-point: $77,080)
- US: $59,888 - $73,197 (mid-point: $66,542)
We may also add in a geographic differential to this base salary that accounts for local job market weighting. This would be applied to the above ranges depending on the successful candidate’s location. Below are some of the common cities in which we hire staff along with examples of salary ranges,with the geographical differential applied:
- Inner London: £39,072 - £47,755 (mid-point: £43,413)
- Toronto: $74,852 - $91,486 (mid-point: $83,169)
- New York: $66,356 - $81,101 (mid-point: $73,729)
The range for your specific location will be discussed in screening conversations if your application is successful.
We offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Plan contributions
- 20 Paid Time Off days per year (prorated) + your birthday
- Company Holidays + Shutdown
- Wellness budget
- Professional Development budget
- Top up program for Parental leaves
Benefits are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Foundation Hiring Practices:
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.