Mozilla Finance is responsible for strategic prioritization and day-to-day financial operations as Mozilla scales its mission impact with new and existing products, technology, and business models to better serve users and advance an agenda for a healthier internet.
We are seeking a hardworking Financial Modeling Specialist who will lead our business modeling function. You will have the opportunity to drive the function and use your modeling abilities to improve decision making. This role will be actively involved in financial analysis, and will be responsible for key deliverables to senior leadership. This position will also be in charge of developing cross-functional business partnerships, leading special projects, improving processes, financial reporting and assisting with implementing business intelligence tools.
To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with outstanding attention to detail. This position requires a pragmatic self-starter who can work comfortably with multiple business partners across the organization and take tasks from start to finish.
The Financial Modeling Specialist will...
- Be part of Mozilla’s FP&A team working alongside financial analyst, product managers/engineers and marketing leads
- Build and maintain a library of financial profit and loss (PnL) models used to evaluate the impact of investment opportunities, inclusive of market sizing, “Go-To-Market” approach and ongoing campaign/brand funding requirements
- Translate proposals into short- and long-term pro forma PnLs by product, category, and geography
- Collaborate with operational teams to model enterprise/platform “what-ifs” especially those supporting product bundles or using common infrastructure elements
- Identify key revenue and expense drivers for tiered subscription products as well as audience-based browser advertising services/solutions
- Conduct research (internal and external) and analysis to support ongoing model improvements
- Expand the financial modeling capabilities of the financial analyst team along with their integration of model outputs into core budgeting/annual planning processes
- Influence revenue and operational performance measurements like Churn, LTV, CAC return on investment, EBITDA, etc. along with enterprise standards for their calculation
Your Professional Profile
- 7-10 years of related experience, specifically developing SaaS and Ad Tech models, inclusive of collecting/maintaining model data
- Exposure to revenue recognition principles including Tax & Foreiegn Currency considerations in a tiered pricing subscription structure
- Exceptional Excel & Google sheets skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently as well as within and across functional teams
- Ability to partner/build relationships so that models articulate new products and release impacts, especially fine tuning timing expectations between current investments and future revenue
- Ability to perform in an environment requiring effective multi-tasking, prioritization, and expectation management
- Prior experience with business intelligence dashboarding tools such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI is required
- Prior experience telling stories with data, creatively approaching complexities
You will likely be super happy and productive in this role if you...
- You get things done and can move quickly and smartly to set goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Analytical. You know how to crunch data in Excel and build compelling presentations. You're comfortable with numbers and how to use them to get results
- Have a strong builder mentality and can bring order to uncertainty
- Are able to effectively challenge the status quo and plan forward-looking roadmap
Mozilla exists to ensure that the internet is a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1970