As a global, mission-based organization, we are engaged in promoting the promise of a free and open Internet with users' needs at its core. The Firefox User Research team's role is to champion the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to drive decision-making. We employ mixed methods to understand business needs and develop user insights to shape product and design strategies and roadmaps.
You will lead strategic research in partnership with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, as well as other researchers. You will apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand users’ experiences, context, motivations, and behaviors, and translate such findings into actionable insights to drive innovation.
- Facilitating a user-centered design and product development process that advocates for users’ needs and perspectives.
- Working with product managers, designers, engineers and other partners to understand business needs and proactively propose research agendas to address knowledge gaps.
- Independently determining project scope and applying appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights.
- Leading the entire research process from ideation to insights, including developing research materials, recruiting, leading research sessions and conducting in-context fieldwork, analysis and reporting .
- Connecting insights and approaches across multiple product areas and data sources to facilitate a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Finding creative ways to present and promote insights throughout the organization, and help cultivate an informed, curious, and empathetic learning culture.
- Shaping User Research capabilities and processes and scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- Mentoring partners and other researchers on the team.
- Has an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods, such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, segmentation, surveys, usability testing, and heuristic evaluation.
- Has had significant experience leading both generative and evaluative research in different phases of product development, from discovery to delivery to optimization.
- Is comfortable leading multiple large-scale, mixed methods research projects simultaneously.
- Has presented user research findings to all levels of an organization and in a range of venues (both internally and externally).
- Is a strong collaborator and communicator, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- Is actively committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in user research.
- Connect insights drawn from research studies to design, technical requirements, and product strategy.
- Communicate research processes, rationales, and findings in a clear and compelling manner.
- Work flexibly and efficiently; exercise a balance between inspiration, bias, and meticulous research in order to move quickly from planning to insights.
- Work closely and in partnership with functional teams to advocate for users.
- Drive clarity and develop plans that affect change.
- Promote the value of research and positively impact decision-making.