The Hubs by Mozilla team is looking for a Community and Events Manager who is excited about the possibilities of social 3D on the web. This role will work with the team to define and implement strategies for community engagement on the platform and support external users working with Hubs.
Hubs is a web-based collaboration platform for mobile, desktop, and VR users to meet in shared 3D spaces as avatars. The platform is open source and the team is active on our official Hubs Discord server. The Community and Events Manager will work with the Product Manager, Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Manager and the development and marketing teams to highlight exciting use-cases of Hubs, host a weekly virtual meetup in Hubs, manage our Twitter account and Discord server, create marketing content, and provide the team with updates and feedback from the community to help make product decisions.
We are looking for a Community and Events Manager who is:
- Familiar with 3D applications (e.g. games, virtual / augmented / mixed reality) and passionate about the possibilities about applying them to communication & teamwork
- Comfortable working with communities on Twitter and Discord
- Able to create delightful, “on-brand” content for social media to highlight new features and bring awareness to the platform
- Enthusiastic about supporting creators, developers, and users of the Hubs platform
As the Community and Events Manager:
- You will create social media content for Twitter related to new features and team meetup events
- You will assist with the creation of engaging text, video, photo, and gif content for use in Hubs marketing materials
- You will manage the Hubs meetup and organize special events and live streams
- You will engage with and support users in the Hubs Discord server
- You will capture and share product feedback and insights from the community to the product team
- You will seek out and surface opportunities for increased engagement and opportunities to reach new communities and contributors
- You will create documentation and write blog posts to detail new features and updates
- You will develop training materials and content for Hubs - for example, crafting video tutorials or marketing materials
- You will collaborate with marketing to support challenges, campaigns and activities to increase community activity and engagement
- You will establish and maintain relationships with community members and partners
- You will moderate and promote community-created scene and avatar content
- You will find creative solutions to address community members’ needs
You might be a great fit if:
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are fluent in English
- You exercise good judgment and can back up your decisions with reason and logic
- Your deep understanding of human nature and good grasp of social dynamics mean you are effective working in teams and you bring out the best in people
- You’re familiar with technology and online communities
- You’re level-headed, pragmatic, and detail-oriented
- You have knowledge of content creation tools and community management platforms (twitch, discord, tweetdeck...)
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.