Mozilla exists to build the internet as a public resource accessible to all, because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that help bring joy, safety and freedom to web users everywhere.
We're an international group of makers, builders and doers who still believe in the original promise of the internet — a place to find purpose and joy and freedom. Your teams, the Brand and Creative Studios, are responsible for the strategy, concepting and execution of brand experiences for our core brands: Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket.
The Brand Studio conceives, socializes and maintains the Big Ideas, anchoring stories and essential tools that thread our brands together and create continuity between the Marketing, Product and Support experiences of each brand. You direct this cross-functional team of strategists, writers, designers, and UX specialists to activate our business vision, ignite imaginations within our walls, and direct best-in-class product and creative continuity that drives a healthy bottom line.
The Creative Studio delivers all the creative assets for the full-funnel marketing programs of all our brands. This multidisciplinary group of designers, writers and video producers is fully integrated within Marketing to help define each project and brief, and test and learn our way to compelling, needle-moving campaigns, content and creative assets. You maintain the integral connection between the high-level brand stories and expression that come out of the Brand Studio, and this team’s real-world, results-driven output, making sure there is continuous cross-pollination between the two.
The most important role of the Executive Creative Director is as a translator to the wider organization. They translate business vision and product truth into brand stories and high-order decisions that inspire and drive the entire organization forward. They then translate that high-level brand strategy into the creative direction that delivers brand continuity, awareness, loyalty and click-throughs.
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to set the brand strategy and vision for the Mozilla brand and our product brands, everywhere they live
- Lead and inspire high-level storytelling efforts across the company
- Set the creative bar for our brands and deliver breakthrough work that drives results up and down the funnel, and across the org
- Advocate for the department as whole—be a vocal leader for brand and creative vision
- Help the organization (functional partners up through C-suite leadership) see the power of brand and creative as business drivers
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners, key departments (e.g. Talent) and performance marketers to understand key business problems and bring a strong perspective on how brand and creative can help solve
- Determine and manage marquis agency partners
- Use birds-eye view of brand and business to identify opportunities to scale or connect briefs to optimize resources and performance
- Coach and inspire a team of brand strategists, product UX and marketing creatives to produce cohesive, consistent branded experiences
- Continue to guide and develop the scope and scale of both studios to meet the needs of the business
- Lead with empathy and inclusivity, and actively nurture career development for all team members
- Lead and manage the Creative and Brand studios - a growing department of 20+ people
Report to the Senior Director of Marketing, North America
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.