Mozilla’s Security Engineering team is growing! We have multiple open positions for security practitioners to reduce risk in our systems and applications, and ensure our products live up to Mozilla’s dedication to privacy and a joyful Internet. We are hiring at all levels, and encourage junior to senior level candidates to apply if this sounds exciting to you. These positions are very remote-friendly and open to most locations in the US, Canada, and Germany.
As a Security Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Protect the services our products like Firefox, VPN, Pocket, etc depend on from attacks and abuses.
- Design, build and deploy security frameworks such as cloud security, fraud detection, intrusion detection, vulnerability and patch management, application security services, system hardening, etc.
- Design, review and improve the security controls of the organization.
- Write, maintain, and expand security automation and monitoring tools.
- Work with developers and operations across the organization to keep infrastructure safe.
Successful mid to senior-level candidates will have meaningful experience in one or more areas like GCP/AWS/Azure cloud security techniques, data security methodologies, vulnerability management and endpoint protection at scale, anti-fraud methods, and leading technical projects across a distributed DevOps environment.
We also want to hire less-experienced engineers and develop careers! If this is you we recognize you may not have a deep well of experience to pull from. Some working knowledge of practical cyber security methodologies is important, and if you’ve had exposure to the SIEM world (either commercial or open source solutions) or any of the other areas mentioned above that’s great. Show us your passion and desire to learn!
You will be hardening and guiding recommendations for Mozilla’s systems and networks, infrastructure, application security services, and company assets, while ensuring the mission of privacy and security is upheld at all times. This is a hands-on role, and you will collaborate with other teams to guide proper security practices throughout the company.
Your Professional Profile
This role will involve some development work as we build and improve our security tools and automation. You should have a passion for clean and maintainable code primarily in Python or Go. You should also feel comfortable operating the services for the code you write and documenting it for others. Additional skills may include:
- Strong infrastructure security knowledge, from high level architectural concepts down to the implementation.
- Experience securing large-scale deployments in major cloud stacks (AWS, GCP, or Azure), including automating controls and use of API functions.
- A significant role in the operation of vulnerability management and/or endpoint security systems and programs.
- Log aggregation and analysis techniques, and you're familiar with the concepts of common SIEM technology such as Splunk or Elastic Search.
- Internet-centric fraud detection and mitigation tactics.
- A B.S. in Computer Science or relevant certifications would be lovely, but passion, curiosity, and real-world experience are preferred.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.