Mozilla’s ITEO Security Engineering Team is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to increase the security of our systems and applications. You will have a strong background securing applications and resources in GCP and AWS, understand data security and encryption methodologies, be able to create reusable architectural patterns, and be able to lead technical projects in a distributed DevOps environment.
You will be hardening and guiding recommendations for Mozilla’s systems and networks, infrastructure, application security services, and company assets, while ensuring the mission of privacy and security is upheld at all times. This is a hands-on role, however you will work with many teams to guide proper security practices throughout the company as well.
As a Staff Security Engineer at Mozilla, you will…
- Design, build and deploy repeatable security frameworks around our GCP and AWS public cloud stacks
- Work with SRE teams and partner teams to ensure controls are implemented and kept up to date
- Ensure that our crypto operational services are up to date and operating safely
- Work with the Risk Assurance team to ensure that our policies and governance are well written and achievable
- Write, maintain, and expand automation scripts and monitoring tools
- Protect the services which Mozilla Corporation and our products like Firefox and others depend on from attacks and abuses
- Work with developers and operations teams across the organization to keep the Firefox backend infrastructure safe
Your Professional Profile
This role will likely involve some development work as we build and improve our security tools and automation. You should be proficient in Python, and Go is a definite plus as well. You should also feel comfortable running cloud infrastructure for the code you write and documenting your applications for other ops teams to run with. Additional skills include:
- Strong infrastructure security knowledge, from high level architectural concepts down to the implementation
- Experience securing enterprise-scale deployments in major cloud stacks (GCP is required, AWS or Azure also desired), including automating controls and use of native API functions
- You’ve implemented strong data security models and proper secrets management where necessary, especially in a public cloud environment
- Your work includes modern log aggregation and log analysis techniques, and you're familiar with the concepts of SIEM technology
- A B.S. in Computer Science is fantastic, but real-world experience is preferred
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1657