- Work with experienced software engineers to further develop your understanding of the Windows platform.
- Improve the quality of Firefox on Windows by hunting down and fixing software defects, improving the experience of hundreds of millions of users.
- Help develop and ship major new Firefox features on Windows.
- Collaborate with other teams by providing code review and technical direction.
- Work with a geographically-distributed development team.
- You already possess a solid understanding of C and C++.
- You have some experience with low-level systems programming on a major platform (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android).
- You are a fast learner, able to work and figure out things independently, but know when to stop and ask for help or feedback.
- You are an excellent communicator and have participated effectively on a distributed team.
- You already have development experience on Windows, particularly with low-level Win32 API coding.
- You have kept up to date with major language changes (C++11 and beyond) and best practices.
- You have programming experience in Rust.
- You have previously successfully contributed to an open source project.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.