As part of the Compiler and Development Tools team, you will enhance and support the work of Mozilla developers, helping them be more productive, more effective and ship fewer bugs to Firefox users. You will build tools and practices around bug management, test scheduling, defect prediction, bug localization, code search, static analysis, and much more!
- Apply machine learning and data analysis techniques to build systems to improve software engineering processes and tools
- Build scalable services to support the systems you build
- Develop, extend and maintain existing tooling
- Design and propose novel approaches to complex software engineering problems, building consensus with multiple stakeholders
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with a ML framework
- 3+ years of experience working on systems and tools for software engineering processes
- Knowledge of Python
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on collaboration
- Ability to bring new perspectives and new insights into problems
- Ability to work with a distributed team
- Ability to easily switch contexts and work on several projects at the same time
- Experience architecting machine learning pipelines, including designing and improving infrastructure for ingesting, storing and transforming data
- Experience with the usage of CI/CD
- Experience with scalable distributed systems hosted on cloud providers
- Experience with the automatic analysis of source code using ASTs
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.