Please note, this is a 12-month fixed-term contract position.
MDN Web Docs is the premier technical reference for web developers, with over 17 million global users and 1,000 volunteer content contributors per month working to help make a better web. Web developers love MDN, and we are looking for an experienced community manager with a background in open source software, who can help us promote community engagement and support our users and contributors.
Our team is highly distributed; working from home full-time is acceptable.
- Interacting actively and positively with a volunteer community of writers, developers and translators, providing direction or mentoring where appropriate
- Defining and enforcing clear community guidelines. Keeping those guidelines up to date and updating the community with any additions or changes
- Engaging with and supporting MDN contributions
- Helping to triage and prioritize issues and community requests
- Supporting our users in our 'Learn' forum
- Helping to solicit technical and editorial reviews
- Proven experience managing an open source community
- Experience using GitHub and knowledge of pull requests
- Proven ability with blogging software (such as Wordpress)
- Able to communicate clearly in English, but English doesn’t need to be your first language
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team of employees and volunteers