Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Are you skilled at driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to delivering great products. The Firefox Engineering team is seeking a Sr. Program Manager who is an exceptional leader who thrives on getting into the details and employing organizational skills to create and maintain a high-performing team. We are looking for someone who has a thorough understanding of mobile software development to collaborate closely with product, software engineering, design, research, QA, and other dependency teams to help prioritize, manage, and track deliverables. The position is very hands-on and will require a deep understanding of the product requirements in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, and fulfilling product development process.
As a Firefox Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span development teams and in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product and Engineering and external partners to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Detect, communicate, track, and manage program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus across a highly matrix-ed organization.
- 5- 8 years working in Software Development Project or Program Management.
- Mobile experience preferred.
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management and cross-functional teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience building consumer desktop and mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Jira, Github, Bugzilla and other systems.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.