We are looking for an experienced and innovative program manager to join the Customer Experience team at Mozilla. As our team's program manager, you’ll help us plan, coordinate, and complete meaningful projects that improve our users' support experiences. You will focus on coordinating current and future projects, allocating resources, crafting project plans to be on strategy, on time and on budget, and collaborating with key partners along the way.
The Customer Experience team is a small team with an outsized impact at Mozilla. We’re responsible for supporting Mozilla’s family of products including Firefox, Pocket, Mozilla VPN, and more. Our team also owns Mozilla’s support platform (SUMO), which hosts our knowledge base and is home to a global community of hardworking volunteers who spend their time answering user questions and writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages. We partner with teams across Mozilla to support initiatives large and small, and share valuable insights we earn from our support interactions to help improve our products and services.
What you’ll do
- Establish formal processes for how we propose, scope, resource, and prioritize projects
- Help define project scope, goals, timelines, and results with cross-functional partners
- Triage backlog of tasks and conduct day-to-day production activities for several concurrent projects
- Detect, communicate, and manage program risks and flag problems before they happen
- Drive ongoing process improvements by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new
- Facilitate communication and document outcomes between our team and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure all parties are aligned
- Approach work through a customer experience lens, with a focus on supporting, retaining, and earning insights from our users
- Proactively identify ways that our team can work more effectively together
- 5+ years of hands-on project or program experience
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market for consumer-facing products
- Previous experience working on or with customer experience, success, or support teams
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage change and help others manage change
- Mastered the art of facilitating focused, effective, and productive meetings
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Confidence with systems such as Trello, Jira, Confluence, GitHub and similar
- Familiarity using an OKR or similar framework
- An energetic, passionate, and positive approach to problem solving
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.