About the Role
As French language Content Creator on the European marketing team, you will play a central role in crafting the way Mozilla and its products, like Firefox, Mozilla VPN and Pocket, show up in the world – specifically in France – and how we connect with our audiences.
Fighting against conformity and for the right to use the internet freely while staying protected online, you will engage with millions of internet users in Europe. You will collaborate with and learn from a diverse set of colleagues, from product managers and marketing strategists to engineers, data analysts, and designers.
You will build compelling and engaging content for our owned and paid media channels in France, write, localize and review French copy to ensure consistency and develop and own the tone for all of our marketing channels. You’ll also advise on the planning and briefing process, make sure the strategy for the French market is sound and collaborate on briefs for our advocacy program to ensure we are giving the right direction for bringing our story to new audiences.
Your task is to make the sophisticated and abstract – real and tangible. You will shape public perception of issues like online privacy and ethical tech by making those topics accessible to our audiences.
In this role you will partner with and report to our Creative Lead in Europe to expand the Mozilla narrative across our French properties to connect brand, product and policy into a cohesive story. You will also own the localization work for the French market and help manage inputs from our french speaking partners.
You are a self starting, hardworking writer and content creator and a quick problem solver. You have excellent copywriting skills in French, are able to communicate your ideas in English and are as witty as you are conceptual. You have a diverse content portfolio that includes short and long copy and exciting and engaging content ideas.
You’re native to the french culture, with experience working in English speaking environment and you know how to present your work. And you’re the kind of person who’s not afraid to ask questions and run down the answers — nor let a little ambiguity (or unexpected feedback) get between you and the task at hand. Talking and brainstorming is fun, but there's nothing like writing your way to the answer. You’re organized, proactive and on top of your to-do list.
Specific responsibilities include...
- Draft original content for Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket that’s culturally relevant, strategic and tone-appropriate for the French market — including digital advertising, email, blog and social posts, snippets, web pages, video scripts
- Brainstorm content ideas and write excellent user first copy
- Pitch ideas to stakeholders
- Localize content from English to French and back-translate French copy into English to share with the rest of the team
- Review and edit key touchpoints written or translated by others for appropriate tone, content and intention
- Update, develop and own the French tone of voice guidelines
- Participate in user testing and SEO optimization for French website copy
- Craft innovative and shareable content for social media, video, brand identity, and digital channels (copy, images, gifs and video content)
- Work closely with the Creative Lead, Designer and key partners to ship user first experiences
- Work independently and efficiently during high intensity rapid response campaigns
- Work collaboratively with writers and designers from brainstorming ideas to executing and shipping a final asset
- 5+ years experience in advertising copywriting, journalism, content creation or related field
- Experience in the technology field
- Proven ability to craft marketing that improves product experience, increases user base, and brand equity
- Ability to pitch work-in-progress ideas and present final work to multiple partners and draw inspiration from their feedback
- Strong portfolio featuring engaging content ideas and creative executions for owned and paid media channels
- Experience working collaboratively and in the open using Google documents
- Self-motivated to prioritize projects, set appropriate expectations with partners, and meet project deadlines
- Experience publishing your own content in a blog, on a site, or in print
- Ability to write in a variety of styles with an ear for modern, conversational and inclusive French
- Experience in localizing and translating content and ideas
- Native French speaker with excellent English skills (our workplace language)
- Super Plus: Experience in concepting cross channel social media campaigns, Design skills, experience in creating gifs, video & motion content
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.