A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
As a social producer you’ll have an integral role in how our brands—Mozilla, Firefox and Pocket—show up in North America. With the support of the Social + Editorial teams, you will tap into cultural insights and develop social-first content for our brands and see it through.
We’re looking for a creative thinker with visual storytelling experience to help more people understand what makes Mozilla different and why they should choose products like Firefox and Pocket.
As the North American Social Producer you will:
- Produce, edit, and deliver social-first video including things like Reels, Instagram Stories and Tik Toks
- Identify and execute on new ways of using emerging social channels to get our brand messaging in front of our target audiences in order to shift perception and drive product consideration
- Deeply understand our social communities and prospective audiences and design compelling content opportunities for each of them
- Work closely with the creative team to develop/evolve and maintain a clear visual storytelling style and tone for social
- Support in the day-to-day organic execution of social content across channels
- You're a digital native with deep insights into what works and doesn’t on the various social platforms.
- 2+ years of experience in social media marketing to a consumer audience
- Strong portfolio of social-first content (especially social video) created from start to finish
- Experience creating and editing for social platforms including but not limited to: tiktok, instagram reels, youtube
- Proven ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Top-notch written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses the ability to make good judgement calls in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to shift direction quickly and efficiently if there is a need
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.