Mozilla is seeking a Principal/Director of Firefox Mobile Products to help design, shape, and create new mobile success stories. As our lead for our product management team, you will work with cross-functional teams to help identify and build features for existing products and help identify new product strategies. We are searching for a proactive, experienced, and hardworking individual with a shown ability to produce excellent results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment!
Are you looking for a role that supports passion, courage, and creativity? Then join us at Mozilla - a company you can be proud of as we reinvent the Internet!
- Be part of defining product strategy and roadmaps for existing and future products.
- Clearly set the high-level product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term results and longer-term investments in our platforms specifically and across Mobile overall.
- Be our mobile evangelist and partner closely with our cross-functional leadership team.
- Communicate strategies and trade-offs up to senior leaders, across vital functional groups, and within development teams.
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into meaningful differentiation for our portfolio.
- Be a collaborator and leader with the other Firefox and Mozilla product teams.
- Working with business development, identify and develop strategic partnerships to optimize and accelerate revenue.
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and products required to bring new mobile features and products to market, at scale and globally.
- Balance technical and business insight; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the most significant impact on business.
- Build positive relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks understanding.
- 10-15+ years in the high-tech industry with a focus on mobile applications. Experience owning iOS and Android products from inception to launch is needed. Ideally, you have worked at a combination of both small and large organizations and experience with a not-for-profit organization is a bonus.
- 8+ years senior manager or director-level experience leading geographically distributed as well as full-time remote teams.
- Needs to have led product management for a high visibility product with millions of users.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, which include active listening and the ability to present sophisticated ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have previously driven a business process to include assessment of impacts, risks, prioritization, and market analysis.
- Your experience includes working with external partners both in the U.S. and globally in a product management role.
- You can identify user and business problems, participating in the product vision, and writing clear/concise requirements with consideration for the end-to-end experience.
- You appreciate integrity and approach business, decision-making, and responsibilities honestly and openly.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.