Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional. In the last year, we launched premium services for two of our products, Mozilla VPN and Relay.
Do you ask the right questions to formulate product perspective and present requirements? Have you previously developed global product strategies that enable and drive transformation and go-to-market efficiency?
We are looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to help design, shape, and drive product capabilities. You will work with our teams to help identify and build features for existing products as well as help identify new product strategies.
What you’ll do
- Be part of defining product strategy and roadmaps for existing and future products.
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in various platforms.
- Be a product evangelist and partner closely with business stakeholders and engineering leaders.
- Effectively communicate strategies and trade-offs up to a range of senior leaders and down to development teams.
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into actionable advancements for our products.
- Maximize utility of features common to multiple partners, and efficiently solve for local and global functionalities critical to enable market success.
Preferred Qualification Requirements
- 10-15+ years in the high tech industry with experience owning products from inception to launch at a combination of both small and large organizations.
- Many years director level experience leading geographically distributed teams to include remote teams.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, which include active listening and the ability to present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have previously driven a budget process to include assessment of: impact, risk analysis, prioritization, and analysis.
- Your experience includes working with external partners both in the U.S. and abroad in a product management role.
- You can identify customer and business problems, participating in the product vision, and writing clear/concise requirements with consideration for the end-to-end experience.
- You appreciate integrity and approach business, decision-making, and responsibilities honestly and openly.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.