Mozilla is hiring a Lead Engineer into the Privacy and Protections team.
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. As a Lead Engineer for Privacy and Protections at Mozilla, you will be leading our engineering team that is responsible for the critical Credential Management system within our Firefox browser. The system stores, manages and protects critical pieces of data such as passwords, addresses, and credit card details that enable our users to log in to websites and shop online efficiently and securely.
Our engineering teams work closely with Product Managers, Data Analysts, and UX Designers in a multi-functional team focused on delivering the most secure and innovative features for Credential Management. In this position, you will be responsible for driving the technical direction of the team, ranging from system architecture to ensure the system is scalable, secure and maintainable to collaborating with Product Management to ensure our feature roadmap elevates the browsing experience for the user. You will be playing a central role in setting priorities and leading the break down of estimates and work for the team, along with providing technical mentorship and guidance.
We are a passionate engineering team that is part of a worldwide community that is committed to our mission to protect our users and ensure the Internet remains a global resource for everyone. If you are inspired to make the Internet a better place while advancing your career within a strong engineering culture, we welcome your help.
As a Tech Lead working on Credential Management, you will:
- Work alongside product managers and user researchers to translate user needs and requirements into software solutions.
- Work with engineering managers and program managers to break down work, estimate timeline, prioritize tasks, and keep the project moving.
- Lead the team to build reliable, efficient, and well-tested solutions to complex problems that directly impact users’ security, privacy, and convenience.
- Guide and mentor other engineers and assist them in removing obstacles.
- Gain ownership of your project area, make independent technical decisions and be a catalyst for other teams interacting with your code.
- Interact with the Mozilla community to triage bug reports and help out volunteer contributors.
Job Skill Requirements
We’re looking for people with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solid knowledge of core web technologies.
- Sound understanding of password manager concepts.
- Ability to quickly analyze and solve sophisticated software development problems spanning multiple components, sometimes outside your area of expertise.
- Experience with technical decision-making and project prioritization.
- Several years of experience reviewing code, mentoring other developers, and teaching recommended practices.
- Ability to lead a software engineering team to ship high-quality code consistently.
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who has:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working in a password manager.
- Experience with relational databases/SQL.
- Experience with open-source software projects and communities.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.